The question of how much money you can send through MoneyGram at Walmart comes up often, and it’s an important one to answer because this service can be extremely useful in emergencies or to send money abroad in an affordable way. In this article, we’ll tell you exactly how much you can send with MoneyGram at Walmart and the other ways to send and receive money with Walmart that are available to you.
What is Money Gram
MoneyGram is a U.S.-based financial services corporation and provider of money transfer services headquartered in Dallas, Texas. With over 250,000 agent locations worldwide, MoneyGram allows you to use Walmart stores as pickup or dropoff points for your money transfers. However, there are restrictions on how much you can send through their service;
What do you need to start sending money?
You need your receiver’s information to send money through a money transfer service. This includes the name and address for domestic transfers. For international transfers, you’ll need an IBAN (International Bank Account Number) or a SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) code and a name, to be exact. Remember that some third-party services may require additional information about your receiver, such as their bank account number.
Step by step Instructions on how to send money using MoneyGram
The first thing you will want to do is find a MoneyGram location near you. They offer multiple ways to transfer money from person to person or business to person, and they all have different fees for each transaction. If you are sending money in-store, then there is no fee involved. However, if you send it online, there will be a $2 service fee per transaction. If you are sending it through your mobile device, there will also be a $1 service fee per transaction.
Is there a fee for using the service?
The fees for a money transfer service like MoneyGram usually depend on how much you’re sending. For example, if you send less than $50 through a service like MoneyGram, you could pay as little as $6 in fees. To put that number into perspective: If your cousin moved to another state and needed $200 to last until she found her first job, you could send her that total amount using just $6 in fees!
Is there any limit to sending money?
Yes. Currently, MoneyGram sends up to $2,999 per transaction per day. If you send more than $2,999 in one day, you’ll need to wait until your next business day for it to be processed. The maximum amount of money you can send is $5,000 per week and $20,000 per month. However, there is no limit on how much money you can receive through a MoneyGram transfer.
Can you increase your limit?
When you first start using MoneyGram to send money, your limit will be $1,000 (or local equivalent). This protective feature is designed to ensure your safety and security. If you need to send more than $1,000 for whatever reason, you’ll need to contact MoneyGram customer service and ask them to raise your limit. Once approved, it takes roughly 24 hours before your new higher limit is activated. Keep in mind that there are limits on how much you can send per day ($5,000) and per week ($15,000). So if you need to send more than $15,000 over seven days, you’ll have to make multiple trips to your local Walmart.
Here are a few Ways to Send Money from MoneyGram to Walmart
- Visit any of your local Walmart stores and visit any of their customer service desk. Once you get there, tell them that you want to send money using a MoneyGram service. They will ask for personal information, such as your name, address, and phone number, as well as some information about your recipients, like their name, address, and phone number.
- Tell them how much you would like to send, and they’ll give you an option of either picking up cash or having it deposited directly into your recipient’s bank account.
- If you pick up cash, they will take down all of your information so that MoneyGram can verify who sent it (you) and who received it (your recipient) when you return home.
- If you choose to have money deposited into your recipient’s bank account, Wal-Mart will ask for their bank account number and routing number.
- Once everything is set up and verified by both parties, Wal-Mart will give you a receipt with a MoneyGram tracking number so that you can check online where your money is at any given time until it arrives at its final destination.
- That’s pretty much it! Now all you have to do is wait for your recipient to get their money and enjoy!
It is possible to send up to $3,000 daily through MoneyGram at Walmart. However, you will be limited to sending a max of $500 per transaction. Withdrawals are limited to three times a day for a maximum of $1,500 in one day. It is recommended that you do not exceed $5,000 in one month. If you wish to transfer more than $10,000 over any given period, it is best to work with your local bank or financial institution.